Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chicken Pot Pie

For all of those who are reading this I'm sorry it isn't anything special.  Tonight I made up my own recipe of chicken pot pie.  I need to write it down so I don't forget the changes that I need to add.  Feel free to make it.  We all loved it!!

2 cups of chicken(shredded)  I used 5 chicken legs next time I will do 10.
2 carrots
2 russet potatoes
2 pie crusts
3 packages of chicken gravy.

Cook chicken in a 350 degree oven until done.  I brushed on a little canola oil on the legs and seasoned them with salt and pepper.
While chicken is cooking I peeled and diced the carrots and potatoes.
When Chicken is done cooking shred it and put to the side.
In a sauce pan make 2 packets of chicken gravy.  Just follow the instructions on the package.  I did add a little of the chicken drippings from when I cooked the chicken.
After the gravy is done mix in the carrots, potatoes, and chicken with the gravy.  Set aside.
Take your pie crusts and roll them out so the will fit a 9 X 13 pan.
Put a pie crust in the pan then pour the gravy mixture into the pan then cover it with the other pie crust.
Bake at 450 degrees for about 35 minutes.
Make the other gravy packet about 5 minutes before the pot pie is done.  Pour gravy over your pot pie once you have served it.


If you do decide to make this and the instructions are unclear just let me know and I will help you understand them.

No comments: